The PGA National Academy Course
The original nine hole Wee Course at Gleneagles, which was constructed in the summer of 1928, was designed by Head Greenkeeper, George Alexander. It complemented the already renowned King's and Queen's Courses, requiring neat play and offering a pleasant challenge. Members of staff from Gleneagles Hotel carried out most of the work themselves, using turf produced by the hotel's nursery.
Enjoyed by many, the Wee Course remained much as George Alexander had intended until 1974 when a further nine holes were added and the Prince's Course was formed.
History repeated itself as the Wee Course was then resurrected mostly on the ground that formed the original course using turf from the Prince's greens. Former Golf Courses and Estate Director, James Kidd, and his staff built the course themselves, recapturing the spirit of George Alexander's design.