Hickory Golf Experience
We are absolutely delighted to announce that on 19th May 2014 at the prestigious Ultratravel awards in London, we were awarded the accolade of "Best Golf Resort in the World 2014" for the third year running.
We have teamed up with Kingarrock Hickory Golf to offer a rare golfing experience, the chance to play golf using hickory clubs – the way the game was played 100 years ago.
All players will be provided with original hickory clubs; a Spoon, Driving Iron, Mid Mashie, Mashie Niblick, Niblick and Putter in an old style golf bag. With the golf bag, clubs and balls weighing on average only 5 lbs, there is no need for trolleys or buggies!
Challenge colleagues or friends to a fun game with two packages to choose from:
What’s included in this offer:
The PGA National Academy Course Hickory Experience
Evolving from the delightfully named "Wee Course", the PGA National Academy Course offers a great test and a lot of enjoyment for golfers at every level. This 9-hole Par 3 course is the perfect place to try out a hickory golf experience for £50 per person including:
- 6 original hickory clubs, golf balls, 'reddy' tees and an old golf bag
- 18-holes of golf on The PGA National Golf Academy Course at Gleneagles
- Valid from April to 1 July 2014
The Kingarrock Special
Enjoy the full Kingarrock experience for £50 per person including the following:
- 5 original hickory clubs, golf balls, 'reddy' tees and an old golf bag.
- A round on the 1920s 9-hole family course in front of the Mansionhouse
- A nip of whisky or port to help get into the spirit of the 'roaring twenties' prior to teeing off.
- 'Da Anderson' ginger beer and shortbread on completion of the round.
- The guarantee of an hour gap on the 1st tee between parties to enable all players to experience the feeling of personal privacy, just as it was when the Sharp family entertained their friends all those years ago.
- Two new wrapped golf balls representing the distance and feel of the early 1900's.
- A miniature of Kingarrock malt whisky in a quality gift bag.
- The option of a further nine holes at no cost.
- Valid from April to October 2014
Transport to and from Kingarrock and packed lunches can be arranged at an additional cost.
All offers are subject to availability. The PGA National Academy Course will not be available from 1 July 2014 due to the infrastructure build for The Ryder Cup.
Twilight Tee Time Offers
A round for a two-ball is only £160, and a four-ball £260. There really isn't anything to beat an early evening round of golf with friends. You don't have to rush out of the office too early and there is still plenty of daylight to get a full round in. >>
The Day Ticket
With three Championship golf courses there is plenty of golf to be played in one day. The day ticket gives you the opportunity to do just that.
Kids Go Free Golf
One child of 15 years or younger can play golf for free when playing with one full paying adult with this offer >>