Welcome to The Equestrian School members’ website.
Her Royal Highness the Princess Royal opened the School in June 1988. It was designed by Captain Mark Phillips to be a centre of excellence. The Gleneagles Equestrian School suits all abilities of rider from novice to advanced. Our fully qualified instructors and excellent facilities allow you to participate in horsemanship disciplines including cross country, dressage and show jumping.
For all equestrian, shooting and fishing membership enquiries, please call 01764 694344 or 694351
- The indoor arena is 20m x 40m with an Andrew Bowens Ltd surface. It is well equipped with mirrors to help riders study their positions and aid them with the schooling of their horses.
- The outdoor arena measures 60m x 40m and is an ideal venue for dressage and jumping competitions. It also has an Andrew Bowens Ltd surface.
- Two large horse box parks
- Cross-country course with 3 tracks from 0.9m - 1.10m.
- One training course with a selection of smaller fences, 0.6m - 0.85m, built to enable less experienced horses and riders to learn cross-country skills.
- American barn style stabling for 15 horses, with a wash bay and solarium. Further overflow stabling for 20 in a courtyard style yard. 4 x isolation stables for new arrivals / visiting horses.
The Gleneagles Equestrian School is the perfect place to spend time improving your equestrian skills. The School offers a wide range of lessons for novice to skilled riders, all of which can be tailor-made to suit your requirements. Specialist tuition on dressage, show jumping and cross country is available and escorted trail rides offer the opportunity to enjoy the surrounding countryside on horseback.
- 20 x 40 indoor arena with Andrew Bowens Ltd surface
- 40 x 60 outdoor arena with Andrew Bowens Ltd surface
- Cross country course with 4 tracks and a selection of training fences, from 0.6m to 1.10m
The School is not only a busy riding school, but also a British Horse Society Training and Examination Centre. Specialist career training courses can be arranged from BHS Stage 1 to BHSII. The course content and duration is entirely dependent on the individual’s requirements and budget.
Children can enjoy the exceptionally popular Centre Pony Club – junior membership gives access to discounted prices for riding and stable management lessons.
ALL EQUESTRIAN MEMBERS:
- 20% discount on all lessons
ADDITIONAL ENTITLEMENTS FOR PREMIER MEMBERS:
- Use of The Club leisure facilities by a member and guest twice a year on a voucher system (adults only)
- Use of the indoor and outdoor arenas, subject to availability
- One complimentary trail ride
- One complimentary horse/pony overnight say
- One 10% discount on Segway hire
- 4 vouchers offering exclusive use of either arena, subject to availability
- Discounted livery for short-stay livery